Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thus saith your head la!

We need to be careful that we aren't using God as the trump card in all our decisions. Just because you pray doesn't mean your decisions are beyond objection. I know some people talk about God's work in their lives using different phrases. But if we say "God told me to do this" or "God's leading me here," this puts our decisions out of reach from criticisms or concerns.
We should choose some different terminology. "I prayed about it, and this seems best" or "it seems like the Lord is leading" would be a more helpful way of communicating our dependence on God. We don't want "God told me so" or "God laid it upon my heart" or "it's God's will" or worse yet, "God told me that he wants you to do such and such" to be conversation stoppers that remove accountability in decision making.
From Page 47 of 
Just Do Something

No comments:

Post a Comment