Sunday, December 4, 2016

Review: Who Moved My Pulpit?: Leading Change in the Church

Who Moved My Pulpit?: Leading Change in the Church Who Moved My Pulpit?: Leading Change in the Church by Thom S. Rainer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I felt that it was a pity the book was so short! I often found myself craving for elaboration in the succinct paragraphs and chapters. I was almost going to give it a 3 star rating, but thankfully the most wonderful appendix (Change Readiness Inventory for Churches) convinced me to bump it up to 4 stars. I would imagine this would be a godsend for pastors seeking to journey with their church through change.

Thom Rainer's vast experience as a church consultant shines through the pages, with engaging real-life accounts after another to season the content. I do hope that for future revised editions, this book would be expanded to become a "meatier" title - I feel that it has so much potential to dwell more the different principles discussed.

I received this book from the BH/Lifeway Publishing Group's Blogger Team Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment