Friday, December 16, 2016

Review: It's All About Jesus Bible Storybook: 100 Bible Stories

It's All About Jesus Bible Storybook: 100 Bible Stories It's All About Jesus Bible Storybook: 100 Bible Stories by B&H Editorial Staff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The differentiation into different themes (see page 4 and 5) is brilliant. I wish I had been taught this from young! The pointing forward to Christ segments is a very nice touch, as I'd imagine that children's story books are scant of these. The illustrations are beautiful and attractive. Its rather extensive (and lengthy) content would require a skilful storyteller to sustain the attention of younger children.

The main selling point of the book is probably the companion downloadable app (which most people would probably miss out). Basically what it does is that the book's illustrations will "pop out" on the phone screen when hovered over. It also provides a narration that is simpler than the printed text, which is a boon for younger audiences. It is a pity that unlike the animation I had expected to see upon hovering over the illustration, the popping out does not provide much added value. Another issue is that when the phone moves away from the page, and then back over the page, the narration starts from the beginning - it would be great if the app could recognise where it had been interrupted. Also, the app is rather slow.

The app is a brilliant idea and I hope that it will be fine-tuned in the subsequent revisions. It can only get better!

I received this book from the BH/Lifeway Publishing Group's Blogger Team Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment