Monday, November 14, 2016

Review: The Temple and the Tabernacle: A Study of God's Dwelling Places from Genesis to Revelation

The Temple and the Tabernacle: A Study of God's Dwelling Places from Genesis to Revelation The Temple and the Tabernacle: A Study of God's Dwelling Places from Genesis to Revelation by J. Daniel Hays
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The numerous full-colour photographs would probably be worth the price of the book to a student writing a paper, or a Christian education teacher. The paperstock is a rather usual glossy thick white type, those that we often see in university textbooks. I however found the pages to reflect too much light and made for a distracting read. The thorough research and resulting insightful discoveries (to the reader) would be typical Hays quality - excellent.

Being a naturally un-arty person, I struggled to find interest in the archaeological or design aspects of the buildings discussed. I did however enjoy the theological segments, especially the chapter on Solomon's temple. Hays even put in an application chapter at the end, which was a nice touch to a very informative book that would build up one's "head knowledge."

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment