Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Review: The Essential Guide to Deliverance: Finding True Freedom in Christ

The Essential Guide to Deliverance: Finding True Freedom in Christ The Essential Guide to Deliverance: Finding True Freedom in Christ by Larry Richards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As I read Richards introduce himself, I was very pleased to find out he came from a non-charismatic background, studied in and lecturered in more reformed seminaries and then was confronted with the reality of demons (I am roughly the opposite, raised in a charismatic church, schooling in a charismatic seminary but yet holding a more reformed theological position).

The book is highly practical, delivering a systematic and yet concise introduction to the topic. I did appreciate the easy-to-read language the book was penned in and mostly found part 2 of the book useful (a glossary of definitions on the topic of deliverance). I find it hard to accept Richard's proposition that demonised persons do not exhibit larger-than-life, extraordinarily dramatised behaviour. I was quite put off by the constant referencing to his own books repeatedly.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment