Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: When a Nation Forgets God: 7 Lessons We Must Learn from Nazi Germany

When a Nation Forgets God: 7 Lessons We Must Learn from Nazi Germany When a Nation Forgets God: 7 Lessons We Must Learn from Nazi Germany by Erwin W. Lutzer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I guess that the first impression most people will have seeing such a title, would be skeptical about whether the author wrote it just because he is trying to come across as some prophecy expert with some sensational theory that would probably interest the prophecy fanatics. Thankfully, this book is far from that. The content is carefully and reflectively thought through, compels the reader to consider how we can use the historical example of Nazi Germany to contemplate how similar modern day America is.

While I'm no American (I'm Singaporean), I keenly follow world politics and enjoyed this masterpiece of a book. Before I started my interest in reading theological titles, I devoured WWII military history books. This title interestingly meshed my two favourite topics together. Lutzer's brevity ensures that there is never a dull moment for your attention to wane. I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the read, but that would be inappropriate vocabulary to describe my somber mood after having completed the book. Preachers are to exegete both Scripture and the audience; Lutzer here did a fine job in exegeting history and today's political climate in the USA. In my opinion, this is a 6 star (out of 5) book.

I received this book from the Moody Publishers Newsroom program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment