Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: They Were Christians: The Inspiring Faith of Men and Women Who Changed the World

They Were Christians: The Inspiring Faith of Men and Women Who Changed the World They Were Christians: The Inspiring Faith of Men and Women Who Changed the World by Crist Krusen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After having read the book, I was compelled to rethink how I have been and want to live this short fleeting life of mine. Not merely for others to remember me after my death, but rather do I desire as much as the 8 Christians in the book, to live a life as meaningful and fulfilling as them. I've never heard of most of their names before, and was highly encouraged by the love put into these short biographies. Krusen does a fine job of providing an interesting introduction of each character from how they influenced his own life or how he had known of them. And after the biographical entry, he pens his reflection, which were often helpful in my own consolidation of thoughts. The editing work is top notch and I found the content thoroughly engaging and inspiring. Krusen writes intelligibly and yet with fine brevity. I heartily recommend this book to both laymen and scholars alike.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment