Friday, June 17, 2016

Review: Liberating King: Breaking Free from the Tyranny of Sin

Liberating King: Breaking Free from the Tyranny of Sin Liberating King: Breaking Free from the Tyranny of Sin by Stephen Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Miller mixes up stories from movies, the bible, the lives of his friends, accounts of famous missionaries/christians and his own struggles in this little book. Miller is often straight to the point, and utilises accessible (jargon free) language. I enjoyed the journey Miller took me on the book and was heartened by the reminder in the last chapter to look beyond the immensely difficult times of this life and instead to the worship in time eternal. I had read, studied and heard the book of Revelation intensely and yet somehow my heart had forgotten how to worship.

While I look forward to a more thorough and theologically beefier revised version, I recognise that the target audience is one that the average Christian theologian could reach. Weighing in at a slim 121 pages, it is ideal for people who do not usually go to their local church library or christian bookstore to pick up books to read. Its brevity thus makes it an ideal gift to other believers.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment