Sunday, June 12, 2016

Review: Finding God in the Hard Times: Choosing to Trust and Hope When You Can't See the Way

Finding God in the Hard Times: Choosing to Trust and Hope When You Can't See the Way Finding God in the Hard Times: Choosing to Trust and Hope When You Can't See the Way by Matt Redman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Matt and Beth Redman's mix in personal struggles, stories of close friends and historical Christian figures with Scripture as they walk through the various stanzas of the song they composed titled "Blessed be your name." It was only when I was through two thirds of the book that I recognised that the content was very similar - I had actually read the previous edition (titled Blessed be your name by Regal Books). The Redmans write simply and authentically; you can be rest assured there are no mighty theological terms that would require you to look up a dictionary. As suffering and difficult times is no discriminator of persons, this tiny little book therefore is an ideal gift for people who do not usually pick up books to read.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Bethany House Division Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment