Sunday, August 7, 2016

Review: Beloved Mess: God's Perfect Love for Your Imperfect Life

Beloved Mess: God's Perfect Love for Your Imperfect Life Beloved Mess: God's Perfect Love for Your Imperfect Life by Kimm Crandall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some authors dispense advice from a third person perspective, they have neither lived through similar situations or perhaps even journeyed extensively with multiple people in such trying times. Crandall writes from the pain of her depression and struggles to cope with life. The authenticity is alarming for an asian like me to come to terms with, and yet I appreciate how the book is not just a sob story about how terrible her life is - she makes a continual effort to point us back to the gospel.

The book's brevity makes it an apt choice for the non-bookwormish Christian you may want to gift it to. Depression and hard times in life is no respecter of a person's theological grasp and this would cater to the average sister in Christ going through a rough patch. Crandall's citations of quotation and choice of real-life stories from the people she knows to complement each chapter are spot on in engaging my mind, heart and spirit.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment