Sunday, March 27, 2016

Review: Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved

Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved by J.D. Greear
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For a title so offensive, one would think that Greear is going to decimate the notion of the sinner's prayer (which was what attracted me to this book). But no, this book is far more than that. And I'm so very grateful for that. Having read (and reviewed) so many books lately, it is a breath of fresh air to have one speak right to your heart (after having to go through many mediocre ones).

This book would speak both to the person who is ever worried whether he is saved, because he continually falls into sin and wonders whether it is worthwhile to keep attempting to live a life worthy of the blood that Jesus had shed. It too would speak equally loudly to a person who is so sure of his salvation that he is not even concerned about sin in his life, because he believes that nothing he does can jeopardise his eternal destination.

I was thoroughly blessed by this book and would heartily recommend it to any Christian. Even though I received this book from B&H Publishing Group through Netgalley.com in exchange for this review, I enjoyed it so much I'm seriously considering purchase a copy to keep on my bookshelf!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment