Sunday, April 7, 2019

Review: Who Runs the Church?: 4 Views on Church Government

Who Runs the Church?: 4 Views on Church Government Who Runs the Church?: 4 Views on Church Government by Steven B. Cowan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was helpful in my going from zero knowledge to a little knowledge about the different types of church government. It would be helpful to have a sheet of paper stating the authors' names with their respective views, especially when they engage one another in the response sections. I did not give it 5 stars because many times the authors misunderstood each other's positions and were attacking strawmen arguments. I would definitely welcome a more heavy editing hand to remove all these misguided engagements that would confuse many first time readers (to the topic).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment