Sunday, May 5, 2019

Review: Small Group Idea Book: Resources To Enrich Community, Worship, Prayer, Nurture, Outreach

Small Group Idea Book: Resources To Enrich Community, Worship, Prayer, Nurture, Outreach Small Group Idea Book: Resources To Enrich Community, Worship, Prayer, Nurture, Outreach by Cindy Bunch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I especially appreciate the inspiration and reminded that the first chapter provided me! It alone was well worth the money I paid for the book! I realised that I had focused too much on faithful bible studying in the small group setting, that I had forgotten to include the occasional relationship-building activity.

I would have appreciated if Chapter One (titled Community Resources) of ice breakers and activities were twice as long, because the better quality suggestions that I had marked out for usewere only about 15. As a former applied drama student in polytechnic, I am inspired to revisit that world and adapt the ice breaker activities for gospel and small group settings.

This book is targeted at novice and first-time small group leaders. More experienced leaders would possibly find that chapters two to four do not offer much new information. The countless references to the IVCF (InterVarsity Christian Fellowship) were a distraction, hopefully these would be reduced in the revised edition.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment