Sunday, February 10, 2019

Review: If You Bite & Devour One Another: Biblical Principles for Handling Conflict

If You Bite & Devour One Another: Galatians 5:15: Biblical Principles for Handling Conflict If You Bite & Devour One Another: Biblical Principles for Handling Conflict by Alexander Strauch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Strauch writes in an exciting, engaging and informed manner on a topic that naturally would crush the pastoral heart of the Christian reader. I enjoyed the concise nature of and how accessible/easily comprehensible the text was. His real-life re-enactments, anecdotal illustrations and quotations of notable theologians/practitioners are spot-on, providing clarity and exemplification of the substantives.

I appreciated how the content was grounded in and with constant reference to Scripture; other well-meaning authors who base their material on their wisdom and experience, unfortunately, cannot provide the godly encouragement and direction that God's Word can. I thoroughly enjoyed and was so enriched by this book (that I borrowed from my school library) - I bought one copy to keep on my bookshelf of 6-star books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment