Sunday, August 26, 2018

Review: The Gospel for Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence

The Gospel for Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence The Gospel for Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence by Thabiti M. Anyabwile
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The book was easy to read and novice readers would find no trouble going the material. The target audience is an American one, and specifically African American (as seen from Chapter 11's The good news for African American Muslims). I felt that the illustrations and personal accounts sometimes did not serve to explain the substantive that the author was trying to bring across. It is however not the most engaging of titles, and if I did not have to sieve out information for a world religions seminary course, I doubt I would have wanted to read it from cover to cover. There was a lone flash of brilliance, whereby 61-2, whereby Anyabwile quoted from C. S. Lewis ("Jesus is liar, lunatic or Lord") to substantiate that accepting Jesus as a “good moral teacher” or as a prophet, only to then reject his prophecy and teachings about himself is not an honest position to take. With Moody's 2018 reprint of the original 2010 title, it is a pity that some updating or additions were not made.

I received this book from Moody Publishers Newsroom for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment