Sunday, October 2, 2016

Review: Jesus Talked to Me Today: True Stories of Children's Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God

Jesus Talked to Me Today: True Stories of Children's Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God Jesus Talked to Me Today: True Stories of Children's Encounters with Angels, Miracles, and God by James Stuart Bell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Growing up in a charismatic church and having turned away from the faith entirely (which I attribute to dogmatic leaders, pastors who did violence to Scripture on a regular basis, and of course most of all, my own wretched sinfulness), I have found reformed theology and non-charismatic churches to be a breath of fresh air. However, the reverent interpretation, teaching and preaching of God's Word somehow comes with a lower emphasis on the supernatural.

This book's wonderful stories have compelled me to think back - does God communicate to his children directly and is the supernatural realm real? So much memories of my own personal encounters came flooding back, and whenever a book compels me re-examine my theology, I have to take a step back and reflect. I appreciate and cherish such experiences so very much.

Bell did a commendable job in compiling and editing so many stories; unfortunately I cannot give this book 5 stars because I am unsure of the authenticity of some of the accounts. The yardstick for me still is the bible, and some of the details did not match up with what Scripture tell us the supernatural and/or heavenly realm is like.

I received this book from the Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Team Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment