Friday, April 29, 2016

Review: Distinctly You: Trading Comparison and Competition for Freedom and Fulfillment

Distinctly You: Trading Comparison and Competition for Freedom and Fulfillment Distinctly You: Trading Comparison and Competition for Freedom and Fulfillment by Cheryl Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Martin delivered a far better book than I had anticipated, because as I guy, I was skeptical about the cursive font on the front and back page. As a bible school student, theological errors would be sniffed out by almost subconsciously. I'm extremely pleased to find that even the reformed scholar in me did not sound any alarm bells even as Martin cited from many many bible texts and covered a wide base of topics.

I throughly enjoyed the book and somehow wished that book would be less girly so that guys would also get the chance to be blessed by Martin's rich sharing. Her background as a journalist and news anchor shone through the text - at no point did I feel that she used more words that she needed or struggling to keep me interested. Perhaps the book is a the product of countless rewrites and faultless editing? This is definitely a book that I would keep in mind as a possible gift to my gal friends. There is after all, not too many books that I would give a 5 star rating to!

I received this book from Baker Publishing Group's Bethany House Division for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment