Sunday, November 12, 2017

Review: 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know about Their Kids and Sex

5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know about Their Kids and Sex 5 Things Every Parent Needs to Know about Their Kids and Sex by Anne Marie Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How I wish that this book existed for my parents to read so I didnt have to find out what sex (and the related topics) was all about on my own through the internet! This book is well written, easy-to-follow and relatively engaging with the numerous personal stories and real-life accounts from people she interacts with. I felt myself agreeing repeatedly at the propositions she tries to make and hope that there will be more books like this in time to come! Also, at the end of each topic/chapter, Miller includes a Q&A by an expert on the subject matter, which is quite a nice touch.

Miller's own struggle during her adolescent days lends an authentic touch that connects with the millennial. As a 30 year old newlywed without any kids, I appreciated how informative this book is, not because I did not know most of the apps (eg. Snapchat, Tinder, Omegle) that Miller introduces to the clueless non-tech savvy parents, but because the information about the utility and dangers of each app will come very useful for them!

The deduction of 1 star is bordering on nitpicking, but I felt that some sections were more draggy and long-winded than they had to be, so if subsequent editions display more editing and brevity, i'd be happy to edit the rating to 5 stars.

I received this book from Baker Publishing Group's Blogger Review Program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment