Sunday, November 19, 2017

Review: Theologygrams: Theology explained in diagrams

Theologygrams: Theology explained in diagrams Theologygrams: Theology explained in diagrams by Rich Wyld
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is probably a humourous, light-hearted take at something in the vein of the very serious and informative Visual Theology by Tim Challies. From the content, my guess is that the target audience are British Anglican Christians.

I really like the idea and creativity behind it, (and it was great fun reviewing this book after going through other more wordy ones), but unfortunately only two out of all the diagrams in the book were brilliant - namely the Matthew 13 Parable on p46-7 and the 7 churches in Rev. 2-3 on p86-7. The rest in my opinion, were not as insightful or amusing.

It indeed is a great pity, because when I checked out Rich Wyld's blog (theologygrams.wordpress.com), I found that I like many of the unpublished charts that were posted since the book was published. Hopefully in subsequent print revisions, more of these later ones posted in 2016-7 be added. Pop culture perhaps has moved on since the first edition was published in 2014. If however you found this book appealing, I recommend you check out Adam4d's work as well!

I received this book from Inter-Varsity Press for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment