Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Mission in the Old Testament: Israel as a Light to the Nations

Mission in the Old Testament: Israel as a Light to the Nations Mission in the Old Testament: Israel as a Light to the Nations by Walter C. Kaiser Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed the read and found this book very insightful. Kaiser packs in deep theological material and somehow managed to make the material a joy to leaf through. I appreciate the footnotes and references that he provided for further reading. Intermediate and advanced readers would probably find the content engaging, and because of the extremely small number of pages, maybe even novice readers would be able to read a chapter or two that catches their interest.

Of the tens of books I utilised for a research paper on the biblical theological perspective on missions, this title is a close second on my list of favourites that I found most insightful/helpful (the standout title was Michael Goheen's excellent "A light to the nations."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment