Saturday, September 16, 2017

Review: The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith

The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thank the Lord for Timothy Keller's passionate exploration of Jesus' famed parable. This was the book that got then anti-christian me back on track again. Having grown up in church, I was all too familiar with the elder brother types and could relate so very well to the younger brother. Only then did I realise in my hatred of the elder brother types, I took was just as legalistic and lost.

Most of us would have never heard this well known parable being taught before in this light.

I highly recommend this book! In fact this is highly likely to be my book of choice whenever I am have the privilege to disciple a person. I hope that the grace of the prodigal father would touch and change the hearts of the lost sons out there - whether they be like the older or the younger son in the parable.

Buy a few copies if you must! And journey together chapter by chapter (or two by two chapters) with your small group. I have not had the opportunity to review it, but I do know that Keller has a resource that is catered to the small group setting. It is titled "The Prodigal God Discussion Guide with DVD."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment