Sunday, January 29, 2017

Review: Sacred Pathways

Sacred Pathways Sacred Pathways by Gary L. Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has to be among the books I consider to have revolutionised my Christian worldview. After having read the title once through in the library, I purchased one to keep (as a bible school student, we have to be extremely selective in the books we choose to buy/keep otherwise we would end up with many books that we would never pick up again).

I felt that the feeling of condemnation was lifted when I discovered that God designed us such that we uniquely worship/connect to him through different "pathways." Instructing every new disciple that reading the bible alone is the only way to worship God probably could turn out to be a terrible disservice to him.

Alongside with McIntosh & Rima's Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership, I use Sacred Pathways (compiling the questionnaires at the each chapter into a single MCQ Test) as a starting point for my christian friends to better understand their divine design.

I heartily recommend this! Thomas' "Sacred Search" (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...) is another title that I thoroughly enjoyed and recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment