Monday, July 11, 2016

Review: Delivered from the Elements of the World: Atonement, Justification, Mission

Delivered from the Elements of the World: Atonement, Justification, Mission Delivered from the Elements of the World: Atonement, Justification, Mission by Peter J. Leithart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read an average of about a book each week, and this masterpiece from Leithart has got to be one of the highlights! The last time a book made such a profound impact on me, calling me to reflect critically and deeply, was probably when I read Edmund Clowney's The unfolding mystery (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...). This is first time I've read a book by Leithart, and my curiosity has been quipped to find out how his other more popular works are like!

Delivered from the Elements of the World is an exhaustive work dripping with biblical theology. If the popular books are a one course meal, bible scholars would find that this is a delicious buffet spread. Leithart skillfully communicates complex theological concepts in a manner that most lay people would still find highly accessible. For me, this is a wonderful example of vigourous Christian scholarship written with spirit-led conviction and wrapped with Christ-like gentleness.

I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend this book. In time to come, even if I have to pare down my theological library, it has a very secure spot. I heartily recommend it primarily to bible scholars, and also to well-read laypeople.

I received this book from InterVarsity Press for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment