Sunday, December 17, 2017

Review: God's Timing for Your Life: Seeing the Seasons of Your Life Through God's Eyes

God's Timing for Your Life: Seeing the Seasons of Your Life Through God's Eyes God's Timing for Your Life: Seeing the Seasons of Your Life Through God's Eyes by Dutch Sheets
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This tiny little book provided a really easy and quick read! Weighing in at 60-odd pages, it is highly accessible and pitched at charismatic non-readers. I really enjoyed the many illustrations, though I doubted the veracity of some of them, which were probably more anecdotal.

I felt that some of the personal accounts could have been further elaborated, for example, I wondered what was the outcome of the rumours resulting in 40% of his congregation leaving on pages 30-1. I also felt that his excessive use of Greek undermined the utility of the book, because bible scholars with a working knowledge of Greek and Hebrew would often stick to explaining in english for the layperson to understand; it is often those who know little biblical languages that tend to cite word after word after word of Greek and Hebrew.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment