Saturday, August 26, 2017

Review: The Social Church: A Theology of Digital Communication

The Social Church: A Theology of Digital Communication The Social Church: A Theology of Digital Communication by Justin Wise
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Being a millennial, the first portion of the book was quite a challenge to read through, because I could not really appreciate the dialogue of how the world was like before our modern day digital communications (at least not as well as the boomers). Yes I grew up with dial up internet and Compact Discs (CDs), but I felt that too many pages were committed to setting the stage for the primary substantives to come later. Initially I guessed that Justin Wise's primary audience was targeted at the latter group.

But I was so WRONG! The content started to get really interesting towards the end, where I felt that finally Justin is writing to me as well! And he provided some really valuable and sagely advice for us eager tech-savvy youngsters who feel that our tech-handicapped church leaders ought to go online. What would that be? I highlight recommend that you purchase the book (or borrow it) to find out! The couple of chapters towards the end of the book swayed me toward increasing the stars from 3 to 4. What then could make this a 5 star book? Perhaps for future revisions, the front material could be edited for brevity, and have a final product of 100 pages (down from the current 180).

I received this book from the Moody Publishers Newsroom program for the purposes of providing an unbiased review. All views are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment