Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Putman on how the devil changes God's definitions

As I reflect upon this profound thought, I'm compelled to consider how very tragic it is for us to have deviated so very far from God's ways. Have imposed our own man-made ideals and made what is actually opinion/feelings into "law"? Is the focus on the surrender of our wills to God, or is it just another strategy to get God to answer our prayers and meet our desires?

Perhaps it is easy to blame the dogmatic church leaders that have nurtured a hatred in me for institutionalized religiosity, but that would be ignore the sinful condition of my wretched heart. Oh Lord, help me to see the folly of my seared conscience and deliver me from the temptations that I feel that I cannot bear. Remind me evermore of the finished work of the cross and the resurrected Christ, that bought my freedom to live for You and to die to self. Amen.

From 69-70 of Power of Together

Worship has become about music that creates feelings rather than about surrender and praise to God. Leadership has become about dictatorship or politics or giving people what they want rather than what God says they need. The church has become a building rather than a body of believers. And love has become a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment