Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Review: The Top Ten Leadership Commandments

The Top Ten Leadership Commandments The Top Ten Leadership Commandments by Hans Finzel
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

As a seminary student trained to think in a postmodern education system, I did not like the legalistic title one bit. But I decided to give the book a chance and rate it for its content. The introduction was pretty good, but then I arrived at the real stuff. Just as I had expected, to base an entire book (or sermon) on why we should be like one of the bible characters is to miss the entire point of the grand narrative of the book or the bible as a whole. No decent bible scholar worth his salt would go on that tack, and true enough, Finzel supplied plenty of eisegetical material to last you for a long long time. Moses is definitely the main character of whatever book he appears in, and the application definitely is not that we should model ourselves after him.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment